1. At Capital Coaches and Capital School Tours we offer for sale to you various products and/or services on behalf of our principals such as airlines, other transport operators, hotel and other accommodation providers, tour operators and other principal suppliers. These are referred to throughout as ‘the Principal/s’. Our services consist of arranging and co-coordinating the services offered by the Principals. Capital Coaches and Capital School Tours brings about a direct contractual relationship between you, the customer, and each Principal. Subject to these booking conditions Capital Coaches and Capital School Tours will perform our services with reasonable care and skill. Capital Coaches and Capital School Tours does not guarantee the performance of the services offered by the Principals and we will not be liable in the event that you suffer loss, injury or disappointment by reason of any acts or failings of any Principal. In such case your remedy will lie against the Principal. You should be aware that the brochures (including e-brochures) which we supply to you are the brochures of the Principals and that the statements and representations contained in such brochures are not ours but are made by the Principals. We accept no liability for any inaccuracies or misrepresentations contained in such brochures.
2. We recommend that you take out a travel insurance policy at the time you pay for your travel. You should ensure that such insurance will protect you against medical expenses arising from sickness or injury during your travel and protect you against loss or damage to your belongings. The Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade also strongly recommend you take out travel insurance. N.B. Please note that some credit card providers will provide the card holder with travel insurance. Where you are paying for all or any part of the services arranged through us by credit card and you intend to use travel insurance provided by the credit card provider you acknowledge that Capital Coaches and Capital School Tours has offered you travel insurance and that you waive any claim against Capital Coaches and Capital School Tours in respect of any loss or damage you may suffer as a result of you failing to take out any or adequate travel insurance.
3. Cancellation fees are likely to be incurred on all confirmed reservations or bookings. Further, some tickets may be non-refundable or non-transferable. It is important to check the position with us before you confirm arrangements and/or before you cancel any confirmed reservations. Please read the specific conditions detailed in the Principal’s brochures and flyers in relation to your travel arrangements.
Changes in Reservations
4. If you wish to change a confirmed reservation you are likely to incur fees. In some cases it may not be possible to change reservations or to cancel the reservation or it may be uneconomic for you to do so. You should always check the cost before requesting changes in reservations. Please read the specific conditions detailed by the Principal’s in relation to your travel arrangements
5. Airfares and tour prices may change (almost invariably by being increased) without prior notice and even though your arrangements have been confirmed. Such price increases are beyond our control and you will liable to pay for any such increases. Many airlines now impose surcharges on the price of air travel. These surcharges may change between the time you make a reservation and the date of full payment.
6. If payment has not been made by the specific date which Capital Coaches and Capital School Tours will advise you, your bookings may be cancelled. Payments may be made by direct deposit or cheque. If you wish to pay by credit card it is necessary to check with us first as some airfares and package holidays cannot be paid for by credit card. In certain circumstances your credit card will be charged by the Principal. In these instances you authorise Capital Coaches and Capital School Tours to pass on your credit card details to the Principal. Credit Card payments may incur surcharges. Capital Coaches and Capital School Tours will add an additional surcharge to payments made by credit card. Please check with us for current charges. When your credit card is processed by Capital School Tours you agree to not have your payment ‘charged back’ or reversed by your credit card provider where the services have been provided. All cheques must be made payable to Capital Coaches and Capital School Tours Pty Limited. Under no circumstances will Capital Coaches and Capital School Tours accept cash payments.
7. If you cancel your travel arrangements after paying for the same no refund will be available to you until after we receive the monies from the Principal involved. In most cases fees will be payable for cancellations and in some instances you may not be able to claim a refund.
Checking Travel Arrangements
8. We have exercised care in putting together the arrangements requested by you in regards to your travel and accommodation. It is important that you check all of the documentation handed to you in relation to your proposed travel and accommodation to ensure that it fully meets with your requirements and to ensure that there have been no misunderstandings. All documents, in relation to international travel, must be issued in the name of the passport holder. You may be denied carriage if the name varies.
8.1 We strongly recommend that you contact your airline prior to any travel to ensure that the scheduled departure time has not changed.
8.2 We strongly recommend that you familiarise yourself with current travel advisories/information from www.smartraveller.gov.au before you travel.
8.3 Payment of any excess baggage charges is the Travellers sole responsibility.
8.4 Carry on baggage is subject to security rules on the carriage of various items. It is your responsibility to check with the relevant authorities.
9. If you have a complaint about any service provided by Capital School Tours please contact us. You must provide us with full written details of your complaint within 28 days of the completion of your travel arrangements.